Thursday, August 25, 2011

School.....

How in the world is it time for school already???


My sweet little boy looked way too young to leave in a room with random people I do not know. I really didn't expect to have any problems at all with dropping him off today because he already went to camp this summer and I happily dropped him off and went on with the day. However, I was barely making it from moment to moment, right in the middle of morning sickness. Without that distraction, today was harder. And, it seems much more permanent. I knew camp was only a week where this is the beginning of his school days. He's only going two days a week so this is probably a little melodramatic. And he has been asking to go to school for months. He was so excited to go and all the way there talked about inviting all his new friends to his birthday party. We went on Tuesday for meet the teacher and I had explained that he wouldn't be staying, we were just going to go in, play, and leave together. So today when we pulled in the parking lot, he asked, "Are you going to leave me here today, Mommy?" Ugh. He meant it with excitement, but the question made me want to turn the car around. I am so glad he's happy about going because if he were apprehensive or worse, crying, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have made him stay. I'm the only one struggling with this, because Harris and Walker both think it's awesome. Walker didn't ask for his brother once and seemed excited to have both me and the toys all to himself.
And just so you'll apprreciate the normalcy of the picture above, here are the first few I got.




And I'm also thankful he abandoned his alter ego "real cowboy" for the day. He got a pair of boots from his friend Jack, and has been wearing them at all times. That's kind of a surprise because at first he didn't want them on his feet at all. But now he wears them with a dress belt, because that's what "real cowboys" wear.
Someone at Target told him his boots were nice. He said. "Thanks! Do you love them????" Funny, funny. I would have let him wear that ensemble to school like he wanted but was afraid the boots would be hard to play in on the playground. I'm off to go ice his first day of school cupcakes. I briefly considered making homemade something but dismissed that idea quickly.

And while I was taking pics of Harris I tried to take one of Walker, who was completely happy and playing. This is what I ended up with.

As soon as I stopped pointing the camera at him he went back to happy, so I didn't try again. You made your point, Walker.

Taste and see that the LORD is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him!
Psalm 34:8

No comments:

Post a Comment