Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Do you know what you're having?

Do you know what you're having??? When do you find out?

I get these questions numerous times a day. And I completely get it. I'm beyond excited to know for sure what we're having and know what our family is going to look like. I understand that people are only asking because they're excited for us. But it's also starting to make me a little nervous. I vividly remember various reactions when telling people Walker was a boy. I heard several sighs and remarks of disappointment and two and half years later, they still hurt my heart. This is our CHILD. Walker was not a disappointment, mistake, dud, or failure. He is our baby. He is created by God, in His image, and was sent as a blessing to our family. I would not change one hair on his head.
Not one wild, strong-willed, hair.

And the same holds for baby #3. Especially with this child, we prayed. Because the whole story isn't just mine to tell, I won't go into detail. But I will say that for several months Tom and I were at a stalemate on a third pregnancy. We had completely opposing ideas of the next step for our family and our only hope of resolution was prayer.  Neither one of us was budging and it understandably caused strain. Through prayer and petition, the Lord changed a heart and united our desires and we began to pray for a baby, even going so far as to ask for a girl. And we were answered with a child, though we're not sure yet on gender.

But we are sure is that this is our baby, fearfully and wonderfully made. (Psalm 139:14)
We sure that the Lord's plans are infinitely greater than our own. (Isaiah 55:9)
We are sure that we serve a God who is for us. (Romans 8:31)
We are sure all good gifts are from Him. (James 1:17)
We know He placed the desire for this child in our hearts. (Psalm 68:6)

I want this baby to be rejoiced over for the blessing that he/she is. I want for this baby to be received with excitement. I want people to understand that while we would  be excited to have a girl that does not make a boy any less thrilling.  So please share our joy when we find out, whether it means you give us something pink or blue. Actually, please don't give us anything blue, if that's the case. We're all set in that department.
So, just for fun, here are my favorite pics from our two little ones when they were newborns. I really can't believe we're going to have another one of these before long.

Walker


Harris (Photo by Sista)

At least this one is dodging wearing the Santa suit. The suit is a 0-3 months so a February baby will be safe from this. Walker wasn't so lucky.

What you can't see in this picture is that it was really too small and the bottom part wouldn't snap closed, nor would the back. But he looks fantastic from that angle.


Let us examine our ways and test them,
   and let us return to the LORD.
Lamentations 3:40


No comments:

Post a Comment