Tuesday, August 2, 2011

New View

A friend gave us an art table, (thank you Paula!!) which is AWESOME and we will use a ton. However, when we got it home it turned out to be waaay too big for the spot I envisioned for it. So we (and that means Tom and Harris) did some re-arranging to accomodate it. We'd been thinking of doing it anyway but needed a push, I guess. We moved all the toys to what used to be a formal living space. We moved that furniture to the living room which means the living room is now TOY FREE. The kid corner of our living room used to look like this:

Beautiful, I know.

It now looks like this!

The playroom has plenty of space for them to wrestle around and drag things out but it's so nice to have one room without toys.
I don't know why the pics are so dark. It looks like we live in a dungeon, but you get the idea. It's the first thing you see when you come in our house but who are we kidding. It's a house of small children so it's fine that it looks that way. Another bonus of having all the toys out of the living room is that they're away from the tv. TV time is not normally an issue. They've always watched one show/day and know not to ask for more because it's not going to happen. However, since I've been sick, they've watched a TON of television. I mean, tons. Some days it's just all I can manage. So the more they watch the more they want....like crack. It's good that they're in a separate room and don't even see it hanging on the wall. It's working out so well. The boys played in here all evening while Tom and I chatted. Since it's too hot to be outside for any length of time, it's nice that they're happy inside for awhile. This room is also right next to a long tiled hallway, so they zoom their riding toys up and down and chase each other through the kitchen. It sounds like the house is going to fall down but we just let them go. It rarely ends in tears so it's one of the better games they play.  I think it's putting my friendships to the test though, because you can't lounge on our comfy couch anymore during playdates. We'll see who comes over anyways.

Leave your orphans; I will protect their lives. Your widows too can trust in me.
Jer 49:11

No comments:

Post a Comment