Thursday, October 28, 2010

Getting Sick.....

This is not good. I got sick on the way home from a roadtrip a couple of weeks ago and thought I had shaken it. I don't think I have and it's getting worse. The problem with that is I have a half marathon to run in 16 days! I am still doing my training but it is just not pretty. If I have to cough and crawl to finish that thing, I will, because this is the THIRD one I have trained and paid for! The first one, I was 7 weeks pregnant with Harris. My OB very obnoxiously told me, "Go for it, Mama!" While she has 3 kids herself she clearly did not deal with morning sickness. There was absolutely no way I could have made it. The last long run I did was 10 miles, so the training part was basically done but no reward of actually finishing the race. BUMMER. The 2nd time, Harris was about 8 months old and still in daycare. I gave up on my training because he was on breathing treatments around the clock. He wasn't sleeping through the night anyway but then having to get up every couple of hours and give him breathing treatments in addition to bottles, then go try and be productive at work was just too much to handle. I only got up to 7 miles or so that time. However, I paid for all 3 of them. The first one was in Oklahoma City so I paid for the race AND the flights back. I also helped give a baby shower that weekend so it wasn't a wasted trip, but still. I'm doing a run this evening, maybe it will go well and I won't have anything to worry about.

Harris-isms
Since I don't scrapbook or journal, I want have these entries printed into a book eventually. So I want to remember these random things Harris has done. There are several, so feel free to skip this section.

He was playing with some tools and I asked him if he wanted a snack. He told me, "No thank you, I've got some work to do."

Janee asked him what letter his name started with and he told her "FOUR!"

We were in the car and he randomly told me "I'm doing such a great job."

I was putting him down for a nap and he asked for his Volkswagon. Couldn't find it. He asked me to get a different car. Couldn't find that one either. He finally asked for some water and called out. "It's in my highchair!"

After a particularly long day,  he made a man out of play-doh, then sent him to time out for whining.

When we were reading potty training books, he would consistently say "Harris not do that." Finally one day he said he was done with diapers. (2 1/2)

His prayer one day was: Dear God, Bless your heart.

I shouldn't leave Walker out. He's been working on his poker game.

Here's his poker face. It's good, right? You have no idea what he's holding. Play the opponent Walker, not the cards.

Anyway, our weekend should be fun. We are going to yet ANOTHER pumpkin patch, hahaha, and this time we're getting family pics made. It has more than just pumpkins so hopefully we'll get some cute pics. My friend taking them mentioned a cute idea for a pic, but it involved both boys sitting still by themselves. Ummmm.. we'll see how that goes. If anyone has any tips for family pics with two active little boys, please share.

"So he said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: 'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty." Zechariah 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment