Thursday, October 14, 2010

Roadtrip

Tom and I had a roadtrip planned to Oklahoma for my friend's wedding. We were going to make a week or so out of it and see all our family and friends while we were there. It ended up that Tom just wasn't going to be able to get off work, but there was no way I would miss the wedding, so I drove the boys BY MYSELF. This may not see like a big feat to some people, but I was scared to drive Harris across town when he was born, so this was a leap for me. Thanks to dual screen dvd players and endless amounts of cheerios, we made it. I gave Walker this holder for his snacks.

The idea with this thing is that they can't reach their hand in and dump all the snacks out. Well, over the 9 hours in the car, he had stretched the opening out a little and figured out how to shake the cup just right so the snacks would fly out all over the place. He thought that was hysterical. I'm pretty sure I'll be picking cheerios out of my seats for the next several years. But the trip was good. I forgot my camera so there are no pics, but the bride and the wedding were both GORGEOUS. Kind of like this.


Seriously, the wedding was beautiful and it was so good to see my college friends. The party favors were cute little baskets that you could fill with your favorite candy from the candy bar they had set up. I wish I had a pic! I am a candy-holic, so that was a treat. I managed to wait until after the ceremony to dig in. They also had a photo booth set up. I had never seen that before, thought it was such a cute idea.

And the boys did whatever they wanted to at my parent's house, just like these two.....

Harris is still adjusting to hearing the word "No" again. He could not possibly have had any more fun. Walker is pretty social when we're at home but he was not really loving anyone while we were traveling. He barely let me out of his sight without fussing, which made things a little more complicated. I mean basic things, like SHOWERING. But whatever, we made it through.

Tom was a trooper while we were gone. This was kind of a vacation for me and he was stuck at home working so I didn't ask him to do any  chores while we were gone. But, when I came home, he had cleaned out his office, totally organized the upstairs and gotten things put in the attic, and the house was cleaner than I left it. There was a candle burning and lunch was ready when I walked in the door. So nice!
Hopefully I'll get some real pics of the boys to post later. Walker eating his birthday cake is too cute not to be adored.  

"He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

No comments:

Post a Comment