Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!

Pumpkin patch, you will NOT defeat me! Ok, ever since I found out I was pregnant I was looking forward to taking our kids to the pumpkin patch. I thought it looked so fun and Tom and I could enjoy watching out little ones run around with excitement and check out all the pumpkins, while occasionally stopping to sweetly smile at the camera. I  had really been anticipating this outing. So, the first year, Harris was 10 months old and completely freaked out by the whole thing. This is what he did.

I always forgot what an enormous baby he was until I see those pics. Anyway, the 2nd year he was pushing 2 and did a little bit better.

Not much enthusiasm but better than tears.  He enjoyed himself that day, sort of.  Poor Walker was only a few weeks old the first time we took him. Of course he didn't like what we did to him.

But today was our day. I just knew it. Harris has been excited about pumpkin sightings for weeks and Walker is totally fearless, so I thought these boys would love the pumpkin patch. Didn't really pan out. The first 30 min or so Harris kept requesting to "PLEASE GO HOME" while Walker would start to cry if I even acted like I was going to set him down. They finally calmed down and dealt with the situation, but neither one of them loved it. They did like snack time.


And they enjoyed the garbage truck that drove by.

Harris got a pumpkin painted on his hand. He wanted to do that for awhile, so we would go over and he would tell me he changed his mind. He ended up being brave and doing it, but requested that I wash it off as soon as we got home.

Not sure what Walker was doing here.
Here's the best I could get of the two of them.

I do realize neither is looking at the camera, but at least they aren't screaming. My expectations are low. After all that, we got in the car and Harris told me "What a fun punkin patch!" You just never know what they're thinking.

Anyway, this weekend Tom was out of town, so I went to spend the weekend with my friend Aimee, since he husband was gone with Tom. So fun! We got brave and took all 4 kids to a farm type thing. I had no idea what all we were getting ourselves into. They had goats, petting zoo, duck races, trains, tractors, bounce things, pumpkin carving, food, toddler playground, hay swings, climbing fort, and I'm sure I'm leaving things out. We ran out of steam before we ran out of things to do. Here's a few pics from that.

Jack and Harris

Harris intent on the duck races. His duck actually stalled out and had to be picked up and moved, but he didn't mind.



Harris has ALWAYS loved Aimee and here's a good example of why. She picked him up to pet that horse even with her baby in a carrier. That was beyond the call of duty.


Aimee and Ms. Landry.


Harris is only smiling because Jack was behind me hamming it up.

It was a super fast trip, but a good one. We watched some football Sat night while the boys did what boys do.


Landry was sitting and playing nicely with a toy through all of the mayhem. What a sweet baby!

Thanks for having us! Hope we didn't tear anything up.

"He must become greater, I must become less." John 3:30

No comments:

Post a Comment