Sunday, October 3, 2010

First Fruits

So one of the things I have been thinking about lately is my quiet time, the time I spend reading my Bible and communing with God. I usually do it right before I go to bed, and this is when I have always done it. And that works for me. Except when it doesn't.......so I've been thinking of making the commitment to get up before the boys and do it first thing in the morning. So I tried it once and was NOT impressed. So this morning was morning #2 of trying it out. Let me just show you one of the first verses I read.
Psalm 119:147 "I rise before dawn and cry for help. I have put my hope in your word."  Seriously! I also read "At midnight I rise to give you thanks for your righteous laws." Psalm 119:62. I love love love when things in scripture are so crystal clear and speak right to my heart. God is so faithful to use His word to communicate, if we just read it. When I got to church this morning, the message was on the importance of scripture. How appropriate! Our church just finished up a series on movies, today was the Book of Eli. They showed several clips from the movie and were able to avoid showing any with violence. Kudos to whoever did the clip finding.


So the weather has finally started cooling off here. We've been taking some walks.
Making some messes.
Hitting the park.


Harris is attached to a book right now, Watch Me Throw the Ball. Tom and I have read it easily 20 times this weekend. Luckily, it's cute.   Walker still throws anything off his tray that he doesn't immediately recognize. Our M.O. is to hand him something, then immediately dive to try to catch it mid-air. We're both getting quicker on our feet. Harris gives a commentary on the whole process. "Is Walker going to eat that? No, no, he's throwing it! Hahahahahahaha, mommy dropped it." Walker also is in a stage of making this random noise and launching himself backward.
I have no idea why this is so entertaining to him, but he likes it and doesn't seem to mind falling straight back on the floor. He hasn't tried it on the tile yet. I bet he only does that once.

"Wait for the Lord. Be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psaml 27:14

No comments:

Post a Comment