Monday, September 13, 2010

Weekend Wrap-up

Fri night was girls night out for my friend's 40th! We had so much fun. We painted coffee mugs for her and went to dinner at a neat Italian place downtown.
I'm not at ALL gifted creatively but I did the best I could. They had stamps you could just put paint on and stick on the mug. That was the safest way for me to go.  The others were turning out mugs that literally could be sold. Seriously. When it was time to take pics holding our mugs, I posed with someone else's :) But it was fun. I'd go back and do it again. Anyway, Saturday morning we did our new favorite thing and took the boys to a football field to run around. This is the perfect thing for them! They love it and Tom and I took turns running around the track so we got some exercise too.  As the weather gets cooler it will be even better.  They both took 4 hours naps that afternoon, leaving me some time to watch football! I saw OU dominate Fl. State. Life was just as it should be.

I know we are raising Harris right, because the first thing he asked when he saw the football field was. "Where's the Boomer?" He's seen enough OU games to know what a football field SHOULD look like, complete with a Sooner Schooner and some ruf-neks. Walker is into a different sport.

 This is how he spends his days now. He is getting SERIOUS about walking. Nothing stops him. He'll step on books, people, sippy cups, whatever is in his path. We cruised the neighborhood Sat night and headed to church on Sun morning. Look at these cuties. 

 
Walker starts trying to run away everytime I take his pic, so I was lucky to get this. Here's what he was doing a nanosecond later. Harris is telling him, "Sit down, sweetie" in a high voice voice that is apparently supposed to sound like me. It's so funny to hear him mimic us.

We were supposed to get family pics taken this weekend but Walker busted his lip sat morning. It didn't end up  looking that bad but still would show in a close-up. Our photographer has her work cut out for her to get pics of this one. (Please don't change your mind, Allison!) Church was awesome, as usual. Tom watched the boys AGAIN Sunday night while I went to a Hillsong concert. He had gone to one a few months ago and loved it, so he was sweet to be a trooper about me being gone again. I didn't get any pics but it was a neat experience. They're such humble people. The concert benefited the Children's Hunger Fund and there was a great turnout.


 
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9



No comments:

Post a Comment