Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Nothing to see here

It's been business as usual. Harris is getting sweeter by the second. I went to dinner with some friends the other night and wasn't home at bedtime. That sweet boy picked up the living room so it would be clean for me when I got home. How precious is that?? For the record, Tom would have done it after bedtime, but I absolutely love Harris' heart in that sweet act of service. I went to the grocery store with both little boys today and they were sitting next to each other in the front of the cart. At one point, Harris put his arm around Walker and just loved on him for a minute and even gave him a little kiss on the forehead. Getting to see him show affection to his brother and other people makes me so happy I can't even describe it. Please don't misconstrue this as bragging because he can be sweet as pie one second and in the next breath turn around and push Walker down while ripping a toy out of his hand. But lately his gentle-ness has been coming out and it's awesome. I don't want to forget these sweet little moments. In the pic he's trying to teach Walker how to do a Look and Find book. Poor Harris really wanted Walker to participate, and Walker had zero interest. I love that they're sitting together in that little cubby though. That is a lot of cute-ness in one little space.

Walker is starting to talk a little bit more. Everything is "DIS!!" while leaning way over and pointing to whatever he's spotted. I had to wrestle Tom's glasses away from him the other day. He's gotten so used to protecting his loot from Harris that it's getting difficult to get things away from him, especially delicate things like glasses.  They almost didn't make it.

Tom and I are clearly a little touchy about breathing issues right now. We took Walker into the ER in the middle of the night the other night, since both of us decided he was breathing too fast. He was fine. Totally fine. They checked him out and made sure he didn't have the flu or RSV, since he had a teeny cold, but it was all negative. No need even for a breathing treatment. But it was ANOTHER great experience at Methodist Children's. Everyone was just as nice as the first time and didn't even roll their eyes at our obvious over-reaction. I am so thankful for health insurance. I felt bad that we wasted money on a healthy child but what a blessing to be able to immediately get your child examined at the first hint of a problem. And I saw this today too. It's a project to collect cloth diapers for orphanages in Ethiopia. Can you image not being able to diaper a baby? It is such a basic thing. I pray that I never take these blessings for granted. Many orphanages literally just don't have diapers. None. Two friends went on a mission trip to Africa recently and mentioned the same thing. I really can't wrap my head around that.  It's so easy for me to get caught up in the world around me that I forget I actually want for NOTHING. Yes, this is coming from the same person that just ordered a kindle. Don't think I didn't notice that.

This verse keeps popping up for me this week.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog. I can literally hear you saying each of the things that you write. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea you had a blog, I'm OBSESSED with blogging about Lucy! Your boys are absolutely precious and love your sweet little stories about them.

    ReplyDelete