Monday, January 3, 2011

2010..

2010 was possibly the best year ever. Not to be dramatic, but it just was. It's the most relaxed I've ever been, as a wife, certiainly as a parent, and just letting go of some of the unnecessary expectation I put on myself. It was a year of transitioning to the new normal of 2 kids, then from working to staying home, and all the changes that meant for our marriage and family.

Going from 1 child to 2 was so much easier than 0 to 1. I thought we were sooooo busy and overwhelmed with just Harris when he was a baby. HA! But it was easier to get into the groove of two kids than I expected. Walker started out as such a mellow little man. Even at his first few dr's visit's, he just let himself be looked at, no big deal. Our pediatrician made a comment about how easygoing he was and how he would probably stay that way. She clearly jinxed us. But regardless, we still learned how to function with 2 kiddos, even if one was not quite as easy as we originally thought.

Leaving my job was........hard to explain. I was so happy to be with the boys more but, again, completely panicked at the thought of being with them all day. I had no idea what we would DO. I was used to having every minute accounted for since that was really the only way to get everything done. That passed pretty quickly but we did spend numerous mornings at Target before I came up with other things to get us out of the house. Our days are so much more relaxed. Now, it's early to me if we have to be someplace by 9. When Harris was in daycare, I would have given him a bottle, breathing treatment, a jar of baby food and gotten us both ready and out the door by 6:30. Ok, lots of days it was 6:45, but still. And he wasn't sleeping through the night, either. I don't miss that hectic pace of life at all. This year I was able to quit living by my watch and just chill.  That has been awesome.

Tom and I also got closer to our friends than we ever had been as a married couple. We grew in our faith and I hope that this year we grow even more. We've had good times with great friends this year and relied on them for support more times than I can count. 2010 has been such a good year. I can't wait to see what 2011 has in store.

And I'm only throwing this picture in because it's one of my faves from 2010. I'm sure Walker is hoping NOT to see the mullet wig in 2011. We'll see. He's able to move now. In this picture, he was just a defenseless baby......what does that say about me that I find this so entertaining???

Anyway, I don't really have any resolutions. I'd like to be more consistent in general, though. More consistent with the priorities in my life. Yes, I have more concrete plans than that but that's enough to blab about on the internet. And I did start a new prayer routine with Harris at bedtime. When Walker becomes less crazy, I'll include him too. Someone sent me this. It's 31 scriptures to pray over your children. So we do 1 each night. I like the idea and it introduces the concepts to the boys, even if they're too young to really get the full meaning.  It's neat that a new year feels like a fresh start and a chance to make a change, but what's even better is that it doesn't have to be a new year. We have this chance every single day! Our God is a God of new beginnings and second chances. Praise God and Happy New Year!!

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfullness. Lamentations 3: 22-23



No comments:

Post a Comment