Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Day one- God's goodness

I like to write. Even more, though, it's how I sort through life. We are encouraged numerous times in scripture to remember God's goodness and the way I do that is to write it down. So, a blogger has a series to write about one topic of your choosing for 31 days. For the month of October, I'm challenging myself to write each day how God has displayed his goodness that day.

In the spirit of flexibility, I'm going to repost what I already shared on Facebook about the way God has sent people to us and equipped our family to give Walker what he needs. Through a mom that adopted two of Caroline's siblings, I met his occupational therapist who has worked wonders and introduced us to other resources. His speech therapist, randomly assigned to me, also works at the school we were contemplating sending our kids to. She can advocate for him and know how to meet his needs better than anyone! That is a straight from God gift. The equine therapy he's starting has engaged him in ways I've not seen him before. He is remembering each horses name and calling them by their name. That's huge. He is overcoming sensory defensiveness and feeding them big, unpeeled carrots. I was shocked.

 I have a part time job with my previous employer. The only reason I have that is because I know a particular area of this company that not many other people know. This particular area isn't a spot where you wanted to stay long. It was merely a starting point to get your feet wet and go on to other things. But, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed and I also wasn't looking to advance my career much. I wanted a stable job and to hang out with my kids so I stayed in this spot longer than most do. It was not incredibly impressive. However, God used my lack of upward mobility to give me a skill set that is now valuable and provide a way to both fund our adoption and all these therapies, working with people I know and like on my own schedule. Truly, only God could orchestrate that. 

God is my provider!


If you want to see more 31 days topics, here's the link:
http://write31days.com

"Everyone will share the story of your wonderful goodness; they will sing with joy about your righteousness."
Psalm 145:7



No comments:

Post a Comment