Monday, October 6, 2014

31 Days of writing..or not

I have written posts but haven't posted them. I was starting to be concerned that this effort of writing down ways I'd seen God's goodness was going to come off like one long list of bragging about my life. That is not my intent at all. So I don't just yet if I'll keep going. I need to sit on it for a couple of days.
I'm still writing them for myself, though, and that is helpful to me.
I saw this verse this morning and it jumped out at me.

"May The Lord direct your hearts to the love of God and to the steadfastness of Christ."
2 Thes 3:5

Exactly! I want to be guided I to a deeper understanding of both of these things. 

I heard Jen Hatmaker this weekend and she was AMAZING. Two things I took away from her were:

1) True disciples would walk so closely behind their rabbi that they would be covered in the dust from their feet. Oh.
 Ouch. 
Yikes. 
Okay.

2) Living in a way that shows Christ's love boils down to showing people 'You are dear to me.' The end. 
No strings attached.

For me, that starts with Caroline. 
There is so much to chew on from this weekend but those are my starting points.


God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. (1 Corinthians 1:9 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment