Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Things

We've seen Santa a few times and had a Christmas party at Harris' school I hadn't posted about. Santa visits our neighborhood every year. Do you think Harris was happy to see him?


He's never gotten a gift from Santa and we don't talk him up. And he STILL adores Santa. Here's his pic from last year.

I wasn't going to scan in the one we have from when Harris is two, but then remembered we paid $40 for 2 5X7's and some wallets, so I'll get my money's worth and put it on here.


This was at our work Christmas party and we weren't going to even wait in line to see Santa because we didn't think Harris knew who he was. But Harris caught a glimpse of him on our way out the door and was overjoyed. He started clapping and pointing, so we went back and stood in line. Harris marched up to him, plopped on his lap, and posed like a supermodel. Santa looks like he's not sure what to think about this. Maybe he was anticipating tears. Since I posted every other year, might as well post the one year old pic.



Look at that chubby little leg. And I was far too paranoid about germs to take him when he was a few weeks old. But I do have this classic......



Santa has always given out a candy cane or been associated with some sort of treat, so maybe that's the draw. Whatever it is, one Goolsby is a fan. Walker was content to stand a safe distance away and holler, "Hiiiiiiiii Santa!" That was the first time we saw him. The second time Walker just completely ignored him. And I don't have any pics of the second time we saw him because it took me awhile to figure out how to take my camera off record mode. I accidentally set it in glue at Harris' Christmas party and it's not working quite as well as it should. I just realized there are absolutely no pics of Walker with Santa. He's never liked being held by strangers, much less large, loud ones, so we never forced it. Here's the best we have.



An oldie but goodie.

Harris' school Christmas party was super cute and he loved it. Tom took Walker for a little while so I could help out. Here was their spread:

And they have a little prayer/song about being thankful that they say before they eat. The funniest part of this pic is all the paparazzi. Also, the lady in the striped dress in the background is 6 months pregnant. I had to stand next to her tiny little self about half the time. I really wanted to lie and say my due date was hours away, or something ridiculous, but since they'll all see me in January I guess that's not super believable. Though EVERYONE would have understood.


They did a little book exchange, and the idea was that they kept passing books around in a circle until the music stopped, then you took home whatever book you were holding. Sounds simple enough, but it was easier said than done. There was a book pile up for awhile in one corner, so it took some parent intervention.


About this time, Walker made his appearance and did great. He sat at the table drinking juice while the class did a craft. He has been SO MUCH easier to handle at Harris' school. I'm really hoping the two week break doesn't make him forget this new-found good behavior.


And, for the record, this party took FORTY-SEVEN emails to coordinate. FORTY SEVEN. I was trying to describe to a couple of people just how detailed this got and I didn't do it justice. FORTY SEVEN. That cannot be normal. But it was a success.

Here's me with my people.

I can count on one hand the number of pics I have with these guys, so it's nice to remember to take them.

And I was inspired by the success of this pic to take some of Tom with them on the way to church. Not as easy. But Tom was trying his hardest.


I tried to get some after church, too. You can see the chase, then the capture, then (inevitably) Walker's retaliation.




Brotherly Love.


For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6

No comments:

Post a Comment