Monday, October 10, 2011

We Made It!

That pic was taken AT OUR CAMPSITE! Woo hoo! We made it! Finally! The weather was perfect and we had a good time. We saw some raccoons and a ton of armadillos. The raccoons were ridiculous. If we had let them, they would have just walked right up to us, I think. And there were several. At least 4 came up to Tom and I while we were outside after the boys went to bed. All the toddler mayhem must have kept them away but two people sitting down quietly didn't bother them. They give me the creeps. My dad caught one when I was growing up, because it wouldn't stop eating his vegetable garden, and that thing was savage. I know it was angry about being in a cage, but I think it would have ripped my face off. He told me he drove it out to the country where it would have a better life, which I believed at the time. I have my doubts about that now, Dad. Anyway, I was able to get a pic of one of the armadillos. I kept asking Tom to chase the savage raccoons away before they got close enough for a pic in the dark.
I guess armadillos are a Texas thing. I don't remember seeing them when we've camped before. They kept running through the vegetation behind us and the boys would try to chase them. Whatever keeps them occupied. Flashlights and glow sticks were also a big hit.
Surprisingly, they both slept pretty well. Walker woke up about 5 in the morning saying. "Hi!! Hey Mommy!" but we just ignored him and gave it up and went back to bed. He woke up about 7 in a fabulous mood, thankfully.  They both took 4 hr naps that afternoon (at home) so they must have been pretty exhausted. Tom and I were too. The great outdoors is fun but it's just tiring! But this weather is so great I cannot bear to be inside. We've spent every available minute playing in the backyard or taking a walk.
Doesn't Walker look like a big boy in this pic? I will never dress those sweet boys in smocked outfits or sailor suits, but seeing this kind of makes me get why people do. Kind of. A little.


The highlight of our weekend was celebrating a SOONER WIN! Woo hooooooooooooo! The boys were ridiculously well behaved and let us watch the entire first half. The second half was naptime so that was perfect. Awesome, awesome, awesome. We cheered and screamed for four straight hours. When we'd start clapping about something, Walker would come running from wherever he was to cheer with us. Love it! Start 'em young! I posted these pics on facebook but I'm posting them again. Because a win like that over TX deserves excessive celebration.


It was as sweet to watch it with my family as any time in the stadium ever was. Fans get really into it all weekend and you see some unusual things. By far the weirdest/grossest thing I ever saw was an obese TX fan with his shirt off. He had so much back hair he had shaved UT in his back hair!!! Yes, IN HIS BACK HAIR!! This was when I was in college so cell phones didn't have cameras, or at least mine didn't. I would love to have evidence of that. Or maybe its better that I don't.


"I will cut off the horns of all the wicked." Psalm 75:10 

No comments:

Post a Comment