Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

There is so much to say about the man I married and the father that he is but on this Father's Day, I'll just tell one story.  He heard about a need right in his community. There were children that needed a home, immediately. Less than 12 hours later, one of those children was in our home. Simple and straightforward as that.

We are in the process of adopting this child now and when people have heard our story, several have said that it's great that Tom was supportive. Tom wasn't supportive; Tom was the leader. He saw a need, made a decision and is living it out every single day. After years of wanting to adopt, I was paralyzed with fear and what-ifs when it came to actually doing something RIGHT THEN. Not Tom. We're making it work and he is the one holding it all together. He is loving everyone and making sure all needs are met.

I know people will have lots of questions. I can't really answer them. It's still an uncertain situation and nothing is settled at this point. What we know right know is we have a 5 year old little girl in our home that needs lots of love so we're just focusing on that. The more the situation unfolds, the more I see God has been preparing all of our hearts in different ways for this. We are so happy to be a part of her life in whatever way God has planned. If it works out that she is adoptable, we will be blessed and humbled to be her family.

This is a very special Father's day for Tom, his first as a father to four. Please help make it extra special by giving him lots of love today! I'm constantly in awe of the way he leads our family and how he rises to the occasion every single time. I'm so thankful to be his wife and that my children have him for their father. He exemplifies servant leadership and my boys couldn't have a better role model. Our daughter, for however long she is our daughter, is being loved well by her daddy. Tom, you are the real deal and I STILL maintain that marrying you is the only good decision I made in my 20's. I love you! Thank you for all you do and even more importantly, who you are.



He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8

No comments:

Post a Comment