Sunday, March 20, 2011

Frankie Says Relax

If you don't know what the title of this post means, please don't tell me because it will make me feel old.

 We are ready for some downtime this week. The past few weeks I've put over 2,000 miles on my car and have had things going nearly every single evening. It's been fun but it is O-V-E-R. This week, our calendar is blissfully almost empty. We have our regular date night back (WOO HOO!) and life is settling down. Time to RELAX, as Frankie instructed.

Now, I have to really face the issue of Walker's discipline head-on. That boy is a mess. He throws tantrums, hits, takes his shoes off, tosses food, steals things.......and he does it all with a smile. He has NO. SHAME. None. And almost everyone that knows Tom and I both are quick to point out that Harris has a lot of Tom's easygoing nature. No one has mentioned, thought it's becoming painfully obvious, that Walker is a lot like me. Yikes. I re-read that list of things he does and the "takes his shoes off" seems a little out of place, but it's just one more random thing to deal with. I picked him up from church today and he was barefoot. It is always something! Just when I'm at the end of my rope with him he comes charging down the hall for a kiss. I think kids can smell your frustration and know when they've really pushed you to the edge. Sweet boy. He's such an affectionate little guy in the middle of all his drama. I don't even know what I intend to do about him but I'm starting to feel like he's got the upper hand here. At 18 months, no less. Feel free to offer up suggestions. But do not tell me consistency is the key.......(shout out, Megan :) ) 

Harris is fine. Tom had them by himself for dinner one night recently. I told Harris he and Daddy were going to eat pizza. Later, he was pretend talking on the phone and said "I'm just going to eat pizza with my friend Daddy." He's so random. My friend Aimee was in town, spend the night with us and hung out the next day. We went to the park and Harris ran up to her and told her "I have a cool big boy bed at home!" like he hadn't seen her in months. Toddler minds are on a different wavelength, I guess.

And because sweet Little Walker got outed as trouble today, here's a cute video of him talking on the phone. He is big into pretending to talk on the phone and that kills me! I very rarely talk on the phone and it's certainly not when they're awake, if I do. If he pretended to text, that would be a little more understandable. Maybe he notices me do it in the car? That's not the norm either, I'm just not a phone talker. Regardless, Walker is. This time he's even using a piece of cardboard, not even one of the 14 play phones they have.They even have a REAL cell phone that I keep charged and he wants the piece of cardboard. Whatever. At least he's not throwing something.




 Proberbs 18:10
The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.

1 comment:

  1. I'm older than you and I don't know what the shirt means. :)

    ReplyDelete