Thursday, February 3, 2011

Haircut Awesome-ness

I could kick myself for not having a camera with me. Who knew it was going to be such a monumental moment?? I took Harris to get a haircut. I usually do it myself but it was butchered beyond belief and growing out funny, so a groupon came in handy. Harris was going to be fine because we promised pizza if he let the lady cut his hair. It never occurred to me to have them do Walker's because he is such a handful. But he was sitting in a little car next to Harris' driving away and glancing at the tv.....so I seized the opportunity. I thought it was worth a shot but secretly expected the worst. He was so distracted by all the other things going on that he barely even paid attention to getting his hair cut. There was a tear or two, but nothing major. This is the same kid that cries at EVERY diaper change. He cries about getting his clothes changed. He cries about getting put in his high chair. He cries about not getting what he wants fast enough. He will throw a fit at the drop of a hat and really doesn't like to be messed with, so maybe you can understand why this warrants an entire blog post. Tom called in the middle of it and I'm not sure he believed that his two kids were both getting haircuts in the background, since there was no screaming or gnashing of teeth. He hustled over to see for himself. Walker literally HIGH-FIVED the stylist when she was done. So he went from this...
 To THIS!
Yes, the first picture he's surveying the damage he did with a box of wipes. I still don't know how he got ahold of them while strapped in a booster seat. Guess he was too close to the table. But doesn't he look handsome?

Here's Harris. He doesn't really have a double chin, for the record.

I was about to publish and found this pic, too. This is Walker at the beginning of a fit. Had I waited 30 seconds he would have conjured up real tears.

This is his reaction to just about anything that wasn't his idea. Or, it might have been his idea but in the nano-second it took me to react, he might have changed his mind. After the real tears come, he throws himself backward, but what's hilarious is that now he is cautiously lays himself down, making sure there's nothing uncomfortable that he's going to land on. Guess there were a couple of bad experiences. So that's what I thought would happen if there was any attempt at haircutting. That was such a pleasant surprise!!

We just went over this verse in Bible study. What a sweet promise from the Lord.
Ezekiel 36:26
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment