Saturday, February 14, 2015

Hayser

My baby is three! I see now what happens to the baby in the family. That child gets whatever he wants. You sleep in our bed at will, eat yogurt tubes endlessly, get 14 books at bedtime, and generally get away with mayhem the others never dreamed of.

Case in point. At both Harris and Caroline's birthday parties, you ate piece after piece of cake. It kept you sitting calmly in one place so whatever. Your poop was bright green. That's the life of the fourth kid. Eat up!


You are adored and you know it. I was carrying you around yesterday and you patted my arm and said, "I love you very much." I could eat you up!
Please note the haircut your dad gave you. Thanks Tom. :)

Your number one favorite thing to do is anything your siblings will do with you. Anything. 

I know that flash couldnt have been pleasant but you stayed still and smiling as many times as Walker requested.

Caroline loves to pose for pics and you always come running to be included.

You will swing for hours if Harris will push you. 


You are just happy to be included and will do anything Walker envisions.

You love to march!

Walker wanted to "be rescued from the ocean" so you did your best!

I'm constantly concernd that one of the bigger kids will land on you but it never bothers you. You get up saying. "I'm ok!" And you keep going.

Eating ice cream is always a hit.

You guys were doing a conga line on New Year's Eve. Everybody con-GA!

You are always in the midst of any action. Nothing goes down without your awareness or involvement.


You are a cuddler.

Walker had obtained the iPad under dubious circumstances so you were both quiet as could be. Little hooligans.



You love to chill in your chair. I have so many pictures of you like this. 

When I see this I hear the Fresh Prince theme song in my head, for some reason.

I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8
And I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later'
I looked at my kingdom
I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air

You definitely have a swagger. You upgraded to Walker's room when he moved upstairs. Your speech therapist didn't realize you had switched and when you told her it was your room she said, " I think it's Walker's." In a voice full of righteous indignation you growled, "I think it's NOT!" Kb made the comment that he'd never heard a child speak with so much authority in his voice. Um, yes. That's true. I don't know what that means for the future.

You love to sing. You sing loudly and frequently. THE B-I-B-L-E, THAT'S THE BOOK FOR ME, etc. Whenever you sing it's usually at full volume.

You love to be a helper! Please retain this trait as you grow.


One for you, 14 for me....

All ornaments on one branch. Nailed it!


You are outrageously independent. You insist on serving yourself and will not tolerate help.

By the time you're done peeling it's a sticky mess but you don't care.

You like to play a game you call 'Dump the garbage.'

<Sigh>



You stay busy. You are the busiest thing.
I mean. Why??



You love books!


This chicken did not understand the danger it was in. It was not doing a good job of staying away from you.


You insist on riding the bike and putting on your own helmet. BY YOURSELF. You cannot pedal but will not be caught on the tricycle that is your size. Big kids ride bikes.




Your plans will not be thwarted.

You are constantly asking if I see your muscles.


Yes. Flexing while eating donuts. Perfect.


This picture pretty much sums up your life the past year.  You were just chasing Harris' remote control car around while he stayed one step ahead of you. Poor guy! It's hard to be the youngest sometimes!


All that going wears you out.
Swagger. Look at the leg cross.



You really love your school. You ask to go every day. For some reason, when you walk in the door you lay on the floor, face down, or put your head down flat on the table. Your teacher comes with a toy phone and tells you Fireman Sam ( your hero) has been calling for you and so you take the call and all is well. This happens every time! I don't understand what's going on but I'm glad your teacher knows how to help you through it.

Here was your thanksgiving craft from school. I'm going to give you a practice run with the question next year. :)



Your face! We had pics made for a Christmas present and you would give me that face above when asked how you were going to smile. The photographer must have been funny.



Your teacher at church stopped me to tell me that she'd never seen another child take a leadership role in leading worship like you do. Whatever you do, you are all in. You have a love of life that others are drawn to. You are quick to laugh and find fun wherever you are. Life with you is never dull. I think of you as the exclamation mark of our family because you have such a strong and energetic personality! I love, love, love you so much. You're just so darn fun! I'm looking forward to what age three holds for you. I'm certain it holds potty training, even though you disagree. I know it will hold more laughter and kisses and me "being a t-Rex" while you roar on my back. I kiss you so much that you say, "No more kisses, that's enough!" I cannot help it. You're delicious. :)

My verse to pray over you this year is that you will be equipped for all the good works prepared in advance for you to do. I don't have any idea what your "good works" are but I know you will love people well and have fun while you do it. 

Happy birthday, sweet Hayes!




Ephesians 2:10 ESV 

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.





No comments:

Post a Comment