Wednesday, September 14, 2011

No news is good news, I guess

There is really NOTHING going on at our house right now. Nothing. The only thing out of the ordinary right now is that dinner is in the crockpot and homemade banana bread is in the oven. I haven't made anything that required flour in so long, I wasn't even sure we had any. I feel like all my domestic energy is gone for the rest of the week. Too bad it's only Wednesday.

Harris had his bff spend the night the other night and they had the BEST time.
The games the come up with to play are so little boy. Harris hauled his friend around in this trailer for awhile. Then Harris climbed into a laundry basket while his friend hit it as hard as he could with an inflatable, light up sword. They both thought that was hilarious. Walker wanted to play with the laundry basket too but it wasn't as much fun by himself, poor thing.


And Walker is now able to open doors (BUMMER!) and slams every single one he opens as hard as he can. I had to make a ghetto door stop. We have a real one to keep them from slamming their fingers in the door but it has disappeared. This was the best I could do.
Not quite as effective as the real one but it did the trick. No fingers were smashed. That's a magic eraser and packing tape. I also engineered Harris' "trailer" in the first picture. He had it rigged up somehow with his scooter sitting in the box and the handlebars hanging off his tricycle but it was a little precarious. I told him I fixed it so the tricycle would pull the "trailer" and he said "Great! Does it have wheels, a top, and doors?"  Ummm, no. I had no idea his expectations would be so high. But he loves it anyway and drags his treasures all over the house. Tom hates the trailer because Harris is always leaving it in the most in the way spot he can find. I guess I'm used to something being in my path or attached to my legs at all times so I don't even notice it.

Bible study started today and I am so excited about it!! I did one last year and loved it. This is a different one, b/c the time works out better and it's closer to my house, so I'm hoping it will be as great. Walker had a rough time this morning though. Someone was giving him his shoes when I got there to pick him up and he was tearfully screaming, "THANK YOUUUUU." Bless his little heart. Even in the midst of a tantrum, he says thank you every time. On the way out the door, Harris told me, " I LOVE Bible Study! Let's go back!" so he must have had fun. They both loved it last year, so hopefully in a few weeks Walker will adjust.
Here's the website if any San Antonio people want to come with me.
http://www.bsfinternational.org/
It's pretty in-depth and there are questions to go over every week from the reading. It really helps me make quiet time a priority and focus on reading. This was not a paid advertisement for Bible study.
FYI, you have to go once without your kids, then you can get them signed up.

And just because they looked so cute eating breakfast this morning, here's one more pic.


I just took my banana bread out of the oven and it looks a bit overdone. Ok, a lot overdone. Darn. Maybe next time.

"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8

1 comment:

  1. I like overcooked banana bread. And I miss you! And I ever going to see you again? Seriously?

    ReplyDelete