Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Game on.

It's official. Soccer season has started. Woo hoo!! I don't particularly care what the sport is but I've been looking forward to practices and games since I was pregnant with Harris. This part is so much fun. Harris' team is the Green Hornets and it is hilarious to watch the action unfold.

The star pre-game. Not wanting to pose for the paparazzi.

At practice, he was the first to volunteer for everything. He was playing goalie and his favorite move was to stop the ball. He'd put his foot on it, then look around waiting for some applause. He can be a little shy in large groups sometimes, but he was 100% hamming this up.  



Look at that grin! He's much more into it than I expected and chases the ball like his life depends on it. His foot is so wide that a normal soccer shoe can't contain it very well, with the shin guards and thick socks so his shoe comes off periodically. He normally likes to be clean and wouldn't take one step without his shoe, but in soccer he just keeps running like it didn't happen. He definitely has the concept of going for the ball  because he would run after it even if it meant he took out a few of his fellow players. I asked him about that later and he told me "They were in the way. I've got to GET THE BALL." So there have been several talks about that too. I think next game he'll be a little gentler.  He was a man on a mission.





 I think this was the only time all 5 of our players were on the field at once. There are lots of snack/water breaks and random melt-downs. 45 minutes is a long time to keep 3 year olds engaged. The poor ref and coaches have so much patience.


Here's Harris zoning out.

I am so so proud of our Harris' attitude about this. He tries to listen to what's being asked of him and cheers his friends on. AND, he scored the ONLY GOAL for his team. I was cheering like he just caught the game winning touchdown in the Super Bowl, so there are no pics but he stood there for a good minute, basking in his moment. 

Walker spent most of the game going up and down a hill.That poor little guy is going to be sick of this by the time the season is over.



Go Green Hornets!


5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.
Deuteronomy 6:5-8


1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine how proud you are as a mom right now, but I'm the proudest aunt on the planet. HE LOVESSSS it, it looks like! That is AWESOME! I'm so glad he's enjoying soccer and that he's a total rock star at the same time! Talk about encouraging, scoring the only goal for his team!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete